AeroGarden is to grow veggies, herbs, and shrubs without attending the gardening practices, which are inconvenient for many people. These are indoor gardens that are infallible and rock sure. They designed to grow seeds by placing them at countertops without soil or dirt. Here in this article, we can know how does AeroGarden work and how to prune dill AeroGarden.
The other main advantage is that it does not utilize much space and grows in less space than other garden or greenhouse. Everyone who is even knowing gardening experience can grow the plants anytime all the year. People now can quickly grow vegetables with the help of AeroGarden.
How Does AeroGarden Work?
- AeroGarden work in a simple form to grow plants using a tray. The lid or cover of the AeroGarden comes with pre-installed growing lights, which look like a reading lamp.
- We need not put the plants under the sun for photosynthesis. The AeroGarden comes with growing kits, a manual of instructions, seed pots, and nutrients.
- The plants will grow without having roots enrich the soil to the uptake of nutrients. It is strange and unbelievable that the plants grow with water like water lilies that grow on the water’s surface.
- The AeroGarden uses the hydroponics technology system to grow plants without soil. Hydroponics is from a hydroculture area and is growing plants without soil by feeding the plants with mineral nutrients that dissolve in water.
- The plant’s roots submerged in mineral solutions.
- AeroGarden is a substantial plastic container that serves as a base, and in some models, the bottom is metal. It also has a pre-fitted sump pump that bubbles air, and this also depends on the model.
- It consists of a tray that has slots to seed and grows LED lights on the lid. The seeds of AeroGarden made for potential users to use in small pods.
- AeroGarden plants grow with water, so we must add the water to the base. Apart from water, we need to add already prepared nutrient solvent to the base. Here the tray placed above the water and slots for the seed pods.
- The AeroGarden used as indoor gardens, and the tray can grow 65 seedlings like herbs, vegetables, flowers, shrubs, etc.
- The plants like Dill, Oregano, Basil, Leafy & Green Vegetables, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, etc., flowers like petunias and lavender lilies, etc., will grow as indoor gardens.
- It needs few interventions and suitable for gardening people but do not have much time to pursue it.
How to prune Dill?
There are two ways to prune Dill AeroGarden. The first method is a haircut, and the second is a stem cut.
Haircut Method to Prune Dill AeroGarden
In this method, we must trim the giant stems on the top of the plant. These dill plants grow 2 to 3 inches from the top down. So cut the longest stems to use the fresh dill anytime. Make sure to cut the leaves that are becoming seeds.
Stem Cut Method to Prune Dill
In this method, take the cutting tool and cut the as low as possible. Make sure to cut the long stems more carefully and precisely so that the plant does not damage even the stems planning to leave intact. Never use the knife to cut the stems; it is dangerous and sometimes gets hurt quickly. If prune dill AeroGarden, the dill most likely would not grow again in the stem cut method.
Note: Make sure not to cut more than one-third of the entire plant.